EARMA collaborates with 13 other European associations in response to the European Commission´s release of its outline for the Ninth Framework Programme
Universities united for the best Horizon Europe
In the wake of the European Commission’s release of its outline for the Ninth Framework Programme for Research and Innovation (Horizon Europe), 14 European associations representing universities united to respond to the proposal. For universities, creating the best Horizon Europe possible is paramount as the programme is a key enabler in achieving European ambitions and strengthening values. By reinforcing research and innovation, Horizon Europe will impact the daily life of European citizens, European society as a whole and the European economy.
We therefore ask the European Parliament and the Council to support Horizon Europe and to incorporate the following necessary changes in order to ensure that it will fulfil the EU’s ambitions:
- Increase the total budget.
- Review the budget allocation.
- Put the realisation of the European Research Area at the centre of Horizon Europe across all pillars.
- Foresee better linkages between research, innovation and education.
- Include a human and societal reflection, as well as options for fundamental research, in all clusters and missions.